Suitable for vegan.
Delicious homemade Sri Lankan curry suitable for vegetarian and vegan, using Naked without the moo No Beef Teriyaki Strips. It has medium heat. Perfect dinner for two.
1. Add oil to a pan and add in 1 chopped onion, 3 dried chillies, 4 minced cloves of garlic, 1 inch minced ginger, 8 curry leaves and 1-2 sliced green chilli.
2. Cook on a low heat until onions are softened and add in Sri Lankan curry powder – and stir.
3. Next add 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp cayenne and salt to taste.
4. Add 2 packs of Naked No Beef Teriyaki Strips and cook through.
5. Add half a can of coconut milk (creamy part) and some water.
6. Mix then simmer on a medium heat for 10 mins. Add a little water to loosen if needed.
7. Remove from heat and allow to infuse for 20 mins.
8. Reheat when ready to serve. Add boiled rice.
To make homemade Sri Lankan Curry Powder – toast the spices in a dry pan over a low heat, then allow to cool before blitzing in a spice grinder.
RECIPE CREATED BY NAKED FAN, @Anishas_kitchen (Instagram)