Easily adapted to vegan
Bacon and broccoli cheat carbonara is an ultimate comfort food and perfect recipe for batch cooking using healthier nitrite-free Better Naked Bacon. This homemade bacon and broccoli sauce can be served with pasta or rice. View more recipes on our instagram.
1. Brown off the Naked Bacon and garlic for 4-5 mins in a pan.
2. Separately steam the broccoli florets until al-dente before adding them to the pan with a knob of butter.
3. When the butter has melted, whisk in the basil, onion powder and cream cheese.
4. Next add the stock – a little bit at a time. You may not need all of it. Simmer on a medium heat for 1-2 mins until it resembles the right consistency.
5. Remove the pan from the heat.
6. Stir in the parmesan cheese and season with salt and coarse black pepper.
Use plant-based cheese/butter and add our delicious Better Naked Without the Oink Rashers.